highlights a few key concerns of many in the U.S. today.
The entire article is worth reading, but here are the main points of what we would lose:
- Freedom to choose what's in your plan
- Freedom to be rewarded for healthy living, or pay your real costs
- Freedom to choose high-deductible coverage
- Freedom to keep your existing plan
- Freedom to choose your doctors
These are freedoms few of us wish to lose. Small wonder there is a growing outcry about the proposals included in the bills pushed by the Democrats in the majority in both houses of Congress. Despite the historic victory by President Obama in November, was this what the majority of the people in the country want? An electoral victory is not a mandate to do whatever one wishes once in office, even if you have the power through a majority of the votes in Congress.