Tom Gantert in his Reporting Michigan news article Some of the biggest names in Michigan business and politics say how they would fix Michigan lists six suggestions made by the leaders speaking at the Republican Leadership Conference on Mackinac Island September 25-27:
* Make the regulatory system friendlier to businesses
* Adopt right-to-work legislation
* Fix Detroit
* Regionalize and consolidate local municipalities
* Get rid of the Michigan Education Association, the teacher’s union
* Get rid of term limits on politicians
Other posts in my blog will deal with most of these points, to get to more specifics on each of these. Stay tuned! Meanwhile, check out Tom’s report.