- We support smaller government, smaller national debt, lower deficits and lower taxes by opposing bills like Obama's "stimulus" bill;
- We support market-based health care reform and oppose Obama-style government run health care;
- We support market-based energy reforms by opposing cap and trade legislation;
- We support workers' right to secret ballot by opposing card check;
- We support legal immigration and assimilation into American society by opposing amnesty for illegal immigrants;
- We support victory in Iraq and Afghanistan by supporting military-recommended troop surges;
- We support containment of Iran and North Korea, particularly effective action to eliminate their nuclear weapons threat;
- We support retention of the Defense of Marriage Act;
- We support protecting the lives of vulnerable persons by opposing health care rationing and denial of health care and government funding of abortion; and
- We support the right to keep and bear arms by opposing government restrictions on gun ownership.
In the spirit of Ronald Reagan "that someone who agreed with him 8 out of 10 times was his friend, not his opponent.", I agree with the 10 principles.
The only one I may not be in total agreement is No. 1, in that I probably would have voted for "a" stimulus bill, as the economy was close to a meltdown. I would have wanted a bill more aimed with tax cuts, rather than spending on pet projects that furthered the Democrats' agenda and paid off some of their campaign debts to many interest groups.