Friday, November 20, 2009

Lifelong Learning

Yesterday I finished listening to the 36 lecture CD series, "Economics", by Timothy Taylor, one of the "Great Courses" from The Teaching College. Even after having taken 27 courses in Economics or Econometrics throughout the years, it was a great refresher, with a very balanced discussion of the pros and cons of many policy issues. I highly recommend it.

I have listened to MANY courses in the Great Courses series, making good use of my drive time, and highly recommend them. Many are available from the Saline District Library.

Anyone who says they cannot afford to get an education is making excuses, because if one wants, he/she can get an education free, just maybe not a college degree. A person can improve their marketability and value in the labor market.

I fully believe, in the long run, one is compensated in direct proportion to the service to others one provides. How much service do you wish to provide?

1 comment:

  1. I find the DVD versions much better. The information presented with the visuals have a much greater impact. I have been a customer of theirs for many years.

    ReplyDelete